Every year, there are millions of visits to the doctor’s office because of some type of knee injury or knee pain. For some, it is extremely difficult to deal with because it restricts a lot of their movements, preventing them from playing sports, working, etc. Mild knee pain can sometimes be treated by simple household ingredients (see our latest post – Top 5 Home Remedies for Knee Pain), however for mild to severe knee pain/injuries (those affecting the meniscus, major ligaments, etc.), alternative solutions may be needed such as surgery, physiotherapy, etc. Until you can pinpoint what is causing your knee pain, you may need some extra support to get you through your daily activities, and this is where a knee brace such as the Zamst knee brace (ZK-7) comes into play. In this post, we will talk about the different features of this brace, the pros and cons and how it can help.
Zamst Knee Brace (ZK-7) – Features & Pros
This Zamst knee brace has several features that makes it stand out from the rest in its class:
- Exo-TECH (QUAD) design – The exo-skeletal four way ligament support system provides great support for those plagued with ligament issues (ACL, MCL, LCL and PCL.)
- Flyweight Tech – The material used to make this brace is lightweight, so it doesn’t feel like you are carrying a lot of dead weight around.
- I-Fit – The brace was designed in such a way (open panel design with front fastener) that it can fit to different individuals more easily. This design allows you to adjust different compression levels depending on your needs.
- Kneecap stabilizer – The ZK-7 comes with a special kneecap stabilizer which helps the kneecap to stay at a stable position when your whole body is in motion.
- ROM-Tech – The knee brace is designed in a pre-curved form, which helps the knees to get into full range of motion without any problems.
- Ventilation – The Zamst knee brace is properly ventilated with the V-tech design which encourages proper air flow. So, it keeps you cool even during walking, running, skiing or physical activities.
Zamst Knee Brace (ZK-7) – Cons
Now that we’ve covered the positive features of the knee brace, there are a few other things that you need to be aware of if you decide to buy this brace:
- Sizing – The first concern that seems to come up more than others is related to the size. In a few cases, some buyers had to return their brace and exchange it for 1 size up, even though they followed the measurement chart properly.
- No adjustable straps – There is a misconception that the straps on the back are adjustable, when in fact they aren’t. This doesn’t really cause any issues (in fact, there is hardly any slippage at all with this brace), however we wanted to make sure you were aware of this.
Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
If you are looking for a brace that provides better ligament support and protection, I highly recommend that you read my blog post “ACL Knee Brace Recommendations“. While you are at it, we highly recommend that you check out our other knee brace reviews.
Disclaimer – I am not a doctor and I am not qualified to provide medical advice. This review was posted for informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Read full disclaimer.