A lot people experience knee pain in their lifetime and it can be for a variety of reasons, such as old age, arthritis, and knee injuries. For some people, the pain is mild, and for others, it can be moderate to severe. Often times, mild to moderate knee pain can be treated successfully with some ingredients that you probably already have lying around at home; you just need to know the right combination to get the best results. This article will cover some of the best home remedies for knee pain and hopefully you can avoid a visit to the doctor’s office. Some of them have been around for ages, but aren’t necessarily known by everyone suffering from knee pain. The great part is, most people have these ingredients in their home and if not, they are easy to find at any grocery store. Keep reading for the best knee pain home remedies available.
Best Knee Pain Home Remedies
We all know that ginger has healing powers and it’s used in many different situations, during common cold spurts, coughing, and even to get rid of digestive problems. But you will be surprised to know that ginger is also effective to reduce knee pain. Whether the pain is due to muscle strain, arthritis, or injury, you can use ginger to get relief from that pain. Ginger has anti-inflammatory compounds which help reduce swelling and pain. The process is simple and easy to set up. Just crush a small piece of fresh ginger root, mix it with a cup of water and boil it for ten minutes. Then add lemon juice and honey. Have three cups of this ginger drink every day until the pain goes away. Another alternative is to massage ginger oil on the affected area three times a day as well.
- Promotes healthy digestion and prevents nausea due to motion.
- Non-GMO Verified. All Ingredients Certified Organic. Kosher. Caffeine Free.
- Consistently high-quality herbs from ethical trading partnerships.
Applying cold compresses to your knee is one the easiest and the best way to get rid of swelling and pain. This is usually the first thing that physicians suggest to get relief from pain. Cold compresses will tighten the blood vessels which will reduce the blood flow to the affected area and ultimately the swelling and pain will be reduced. The most common cold compresses that you can whip up at home are usually ice cubes in a ziplock bag or wrapper up in a towl, or even a bag of frozen food (peas, etc.). Just apply the compress on the affected areas for fifteen to twenty minutes. Generally, you need to repeat this procedure two to three times a day until the pain is gone. The exact length of time to apply it and how many times per day will depend on each person. You’ll need to experiment a bit to find the right time for you.
- DESIGNED FOR THE KNEE - The gel packs and wrap were specifically designed to contour the knee area for a more focused treatment. Fits the left or right knee, up to 24 inches. (See sizing chart)
- REDUCE KNEE PAIN AND SWELLING - Our cold therapy wrap helps to reduce swelling, inflammation and pain caused by Arthritis, Runner's Knee, tendinitis, bursitis, meniscus / ACL ligament tears, knee...
- WHY COMPRESSION IS IMPORTANT - The added compression ensures that there is proper contact between the ice gel pack and the affected knee for a deeper treatment, compared to just using ice packs on...
Cayenne pepper is considered effective for reducing pain. It contains capsaicin. Capsaicin works like a pain reliever. Its pain relief properties and natural painkilling power generates a warm sensation in the affected area and reduces pain. This is another easy concoction to set up at home. Just combine two tablespoons of cayenne pepper powder and one-half cup of olive oil. Apply this combination on the affected area twice daily, for at least a week. For more moderate pain, you may have to apply it for a little longer before you notice a difference. Another alternative is to apply cayenne pepper gel directly on the affected area. Definitely one to add to your list of knee pain home remedies.
- PURE CAYENNE PEPPER CAPSULES Increase Blood Circulation and Support Healthy Digestion & Weight Loss.*
- NO STEARATES OR RICE FILLERS Unlike our Competition, We Don’t Use Fillers. (Seriously, check out their labels.)
- 365 CAPSULES: 4 Month Supply. 2X More Than Other Top Sellers. 530 mg/Serving.
Turmeric is widely used for different kinds of health complications and is known for its healing powers. The great thing is that it is also effective on knee problems. It contains an ingredient called curcumin which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that are considered very helpful for reducing pain. According to the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, turmeric might slow the development of rheumatoid arthritis that is one of the major causes of knee pain.
- WHY CHOOSE US: Discomfort in your joints? Vimerson Health Turmeric Curcumin may help increase your joints lubrication to assist with a smoother joint functionbility*; It helps reduce body discomfort*,...
- REAL INGREDIENTS DELIVER REAL RESULTS: Our potent Turmeric Curcumin may help relieve joint & back pain, promote joint swelling relief associated with strenuous physical activity, reduce inflammation...
- ANTIOXIDANT PROPERTIES*: Our Turmeric Formula with BioPerine and Curcuma Longa with 95% standardized Curcuminoids is the perfect daily boost and complement to a healthy and active lifestyle; Its...
This option has been known to be effective for knee pain that is caused by arthritis. The citric acid properties of lemon work well on uric acid crystals that are one of the causes of arthritis. All you have to do is take a small piece of lemon, cover it with a cotton cloth and dip it in warm sesame oil. Keep that cloth on the affected area for ten to fifteen minutes. Repeat this practice a few times and you should start noticing a difference.
We hope that these knee pain home remedies will get you back on the right track. Have you tried any others that have worked for you in the past? Or maybe some that didn’t? Either way, we’d love to hear about it. Please leave a comment below.
Disclaimer – I am not a doctor and I am not qualified to provide medical advice. This list of knee pain home remedies was posted for informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Read full disclaimer.
Please go to our SHOP page for a list of available knee braces and other products.