As you can tell from our previous reviews, we are huge fans of Donjoy knee braces. Why? Donjoy, also known as DJO Global, designs amazing products and the Tru-Pull Lite is no exception. They are one of the biggest contenders in the market of orthopedic devices and products that are used for pain management and physical therapy and their accessories are used by athletes and patients worldwide, for injury prevention and home physical therapy.
But enough about the company, you are here to find out what we think about the Donjoy Tru-Pull Lite knee brace. To start off, this knee brace is a great choice for active patients who are suffering from mild to moderate patella instability from subluxation, anterior knee pain, dislocation injuries or conditions that lead to tracking problems.
Now let’s get into the nitty gritty of the pros and cons.
Pros Of The DonJoy Tru-Pull Lite
Here’s an overview of what we like about this brace:
- The brace is made of Breath-O-Prene material which is lightweight and also extremely breathable. The fabric is also hypoallergenic, which is another bonus.
- The brace also has a soft buttress system for the patella (kneecap), which will give you some added comfort & support.
- It has a minimalist (or “low-profile”) design, which means that it’s not bulky and intrusive like other braces tend to be. This is another reason why it is lightweight, and easy to put on.
- The Tru-Pull Lite includes two removable plastic hinges which provide a little bit more lateral/medial support. (Although see CON section below for more details.)
Cons Of The DonJoy Tru-Pull Lite
Although this brace is a great choice, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind if you decide to get it:
- The back is completely closed up (i.e.: no opening like other sleeves/braces). Even though the brace is made of breathable material, the lack of opening in the back made it uncomfortable to wear the entire day.
- Their sizes run a little bit small, which means that when you measure your knee, we recommend that you order one size larger than recommended.
- Although the brace comes with medial/lateral hinged support, keep in mind that the hinges are made of plastic and are not meant to provide support against a direct hit during contact sports. This brace was meant for regular physical activities only.
Donjoy Tru-Pull Lite Product Demonstration
Before you go, please check out our SHOP page for a list of available knee braces and other products. While you are at it, we highly recommend that you check out our other knee brace reviews.
Disclaimer – I am not a doctor and I am not qualified to provide medical advice. This review was posted for informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Read full disclaimer.