Bauerfeind Genutrain knee braces are some of the most popular and effective braces on the market. Lately, I’ve been getting a lot of questions relating to the Bauerfeind Genutrain P3 and the A3. Many people want to know what the differences are between the two and which one they should get for their particular situation. If you are thinking about getting one of these braces, then there are some differences between the two that you need to be aware of. In the table below, you’ll learn about the differences and the benefits they can offer you as an athlete.
Bauerfeind Genutrain P3 vs A3 Comparison
|Main Purpose||Specially designed to relieve chronic knee pain, irritation, inflammation, and swelling in the knee joint as a result of sports injuries or osteoarthritis. This knee brace features an anatomically shaped pad that’s integrated into an elastic knit fabric, providing support and stability to the knee joints and muscles. It helps speed up recovery on every movement.||On the other hand, the Genutrain P3 Knee Brace is specially designed to ease pain and inflammation caused by misalignment of the kneecaps as well as the pain from joints, muscles, and tendons around the knees. Featured in the knee brace is an integrated ring-shaped pad and a corrective strap that holds the kneecap securely in a natural, central position to prevent slipping or drifting. A second integrated wedge-shaped pad helps the tight muscles in the outer thigh relax more.|
|Design / Components|
From the manufacturer:
– A soft-knit fabric (3-dimension Train active knit) that helps keep moisture away from the skin and provides stability
– A soft hollow at the back of the knee, which enhances comfort during wear.
– A corrective guide that keeps the kneecap stable and centered for added stability without compromising mobility
– An expansion zone for the calf which makes it easier to wear the brace
– Massage pads which are soft, comforting, and stimulating to provide relief from pain and irritation.
From the manufacturer:
– Muscle-relaxing pad whose function is to reduce sideways pulling, thus relieving pain and relaxing muscles
– A patella cover which prevents the tilting of the patella
– A corrective guide which prevents your kneecap from drifting outwards
– A ring-shaped soft pad which offers stability to the kneecap
– A pad wing for improved proprioception
– Wedge-shaped Hoffa Soft Pads which relieve strain on the area below the
|Main Pros|| Knee Stimulation and Stabilization |
The knee brace basically uses intermittent compression massage to stimulate skin receptors and nerve endings around the knee, thus reducing pain, swelling, and irritation. Its three-dimensional Train active knit provides optimal neuromuscular joint stabilization.
|Enhances Kneecap Control|
The Genutrain P3 stabilizes the kneecap and secures it during every single movement to ease pain and inflammation caused by misalignment. The ring-shaped pad holds the kneecap securely in a central position to prevent it from drifting while the wedge-shaped pad helps the tight muscles in the outer thighs relax.
Excellent Comfort – The P3 knee brace provides a soothing massage effect to ease pain and swelling by exerting a gentle compression on your knees. It’s designed to fit perfectly on your knee, thus providing great comfort. The breathable knit keeps moisture from your skin to keep you comfortable.
|Recommended for||Strains & sprains, before & after surgery, inflammation of the knee, osteoarthritis.||Patellofemoral pain syndrome. Patellar tendonitis Chondromalacia. Patella instabilities. Anterior knee pain. Post lateral release knee surgery.|
|Link for pricing/reviews||Click HERE for details||Click HERE for details|
We hope that you find this chart useful. If you have any questions, or maybe you have used one of these braces before and would like to offer your opinion, we would love to hear from you. Just use the comment form below to let us know what’s on your mind!
Disclaimer – I am not a doctor and I am not qualified to provide medical advice. This was posted for informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Read full disclaimer.
Please go to our SHOP page for a list of available knee braces and other products, or check out our Knee Brace Reviews section for our reviews on other knee braces available.