This Bauerfeind Genutrain Knee Support (P3) is a Level II brace, which provides “ADDITIONAL”, versus your plain old BASIC support. It is only available in one color, which is what you see above. If you have minor knee pain because of a strain/sprain or inflammation, or you are just looking for some extra support during physical activities, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain P3 knee brace is fantastic choice. What’s great about this brace is that it is a light-weight elastic knee support so it is very easy to carry around. Whether you are going to the gym or going to a physically demanding job, just shove it in any bag and off you go. If you are interested in this product but aren’t sure whether you should pull the plug on buying it, keep reading for our review.
First, A Bit About The Company
Before we get into our review, we wanted to talk a bit about the company behind this great product. Bauerfeind AG is a company based in Germany, that focuses on health care equipment, mainly orthopaedic devices. The company was founded back in 1929 and has grown quite a lot since then. Just to give you an idea on how popular they are, their sales in 2015 was approx 203.7 million euros.
The company is extremely dedicated to helping people overcome their painful situations. For example, they have developed computer applications that will model their clients’ legs in three dimensions, to make sure that customers get accurate fitting devices. Back at the 2004 Summer Olympics, Bauerfeind supplied hundreds of compression stockings to the athletes competing that year, as well as several hundred pairs of health shoes, which were manufactured by their Berkemann subsidiary. Those are just a few examples of why this is such a great company. More information about Bauerfeind.
Now onto our review.
Bauerfeind Genutrain Knee Support (P3) Info & Review
This brace has a lot of great features, but for now I’m going to cover my three favorite:
- The first is the material. This knee brace is made of a high-quality special knit material which is designed to mold to any body shape, making sure that it is snug (but not too much) in pretty much any situation. It is extremely breathable and gives you the warmth and compression you need to help manage some of the pain.
- The second is the added patella protection. The “P3” in Genutrain P3, is meant to represent “permanent patella protection”. Basically, the P3 was specifically designed to keep the kneecap under control. The added silicone insert is great if you are having problems with your knee cap and want to make sure that it doesn’t move around too much.
- The third is the adjustable strap. This comes in handy when you want to keep your kneecap from drifting side to side and you can tighten/loosen it depending on what you are doing and personal preference.
Another great feature is that it comes with muscle-relaxing pads to help reduce pain. This is one of the major reasons why it is recommended by so many people for running.
The only minor downside to the Bauerfeind Genutrain Knee Support is the price. The P3 is more expensive that most knee sleeves. Also some customers have mentioned that the sizing chart is a little bit off, so you may have to go to one size up. All in all, in my opinion, you won’t go wrong.
Additional Information from the Company
The main Indications of this knee brace are:
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome (chondropathy, chondromalacia)
- Patellar tip syndrome (patellar tendonitis)
- Lateralization of the patella (dislocation tendency)
- High-riding patella (patella alta)
- Feeling of instability
- Anterior knee pain
- After lateral release surgery
Bauerfeind Genutrain Knee Support (P3) Product Demonstration
Updated on 2018-05-20 – Added information about the Bauerfeind compaany and covered more features that were missing.
Before you go, please check out our SHOP page for a list of available knee braces and other products. While you are at it, we highly recommend that you check out our other knee brace reviews.
Disclaimer – I am not a doctor and I am not qualified to provide medical advice. This review was posted for informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as medical advice. Read full disclaimer.